A unique experience away from the big bus
Are you coming for a few hours to Porto and want to discover the city in a private shore excursion?
Looking for the Shore Excursion Tour away from the big bus groups and have a Unique Experience?
We will start our Shore Excursion Tour of Porto by picking you up at the cruise ship terminal and from there explore the oceanfront as we make our way into the city.
The rhythm is slow-paced with a lot of conversation, historical facts, and curiosities, lots of stops for photos and to enjoy the views while visiting places where the bus and the big groups don’t go. All of this in a beautiful motorcycle with sidecar, with a knowledgeable guide.
Next, along the ocean and riverfront, we’ll understand the important connection of the ocean and river Douro to the city’s history. On our way to the Historical Center, we’ll explore old neighborhoods like Foz, Miragaia, Virtudes, Vitória and Clérigos neighborhoods.
Up the hills, through the alleyways and narrow streets of the old neighborhoods we’ll see landmarks like S.Bento train station, , Carmo Church, Clérigos Tower and Sé Cathedral and learn all the history being them and the great views that Porto has to offer.
After, we’ll cross the river to Gaia, see the D. Luis bridge and the Port wine neighborhood, and in the best viewpoint of the city, João, your private guide, will offer you a lovely Port with explanation to make a nice toast, amazing photos and better understand the connection of the wine to the city you’re visiting.
Now comes the time to make our way across the city and back to the cruise ship. We hope you enjoyed your shore excursion Overview of Porto!
Want to add something to this experience or customize it further? Contact us
Duration: 4h – starts 30 min after cruise arrival up to 10am
- Pick-up & Drop off to the cruise ship
- Port wine tasting offered by your guide
- Gorgeous sidecar motorcycle
- Passionate private guide & driver
- Custom made tour
- Lots of stops for photos
- Two available seats in addition to the driver
- Water bottle (wild guide. please don´t feed!)
- Phone charging (bring your own USB cable)
Places to visit:
- Historical Centre
- D.Luis Bridge
- Carmo Church
- Cais de Gaia – Port Wine neighborhood
- Sé Cathedral
- S. Catherine Street
- Lello Bookstore
- Foz neighborhood
- Mouth of Douro River
price: 250€ (per sidecar – 1 or 2 pax)
duration: 4h – starts 30min after cruise arrival up to 10am
What to bring:
- Warm jacket
- Digital devices and charger cables (if you need to charge them)
- Sunscreen lotion
- Meals (unless pre-arranged as part of a Tailormade Experience)
- Gifts & Souvenirs
- Visits to paid museums, churches or any other attractions (unless pre-arranged as part of a Tailormade Experience)