Morning tour Porto
Start discovering Porto!
A Morning Tour of Porto from the perspective of your local private guide.
We’ll explore Porto’s best viewpoints and famous monuments as we travel slowly discovering the history and stories of Porto told by your private Local guide/driver.
What to expect:
- Explore Porto’s Historical center, along the river and across to Gaia with João your private guide.
- João uses his experiences, facades of old neighborhoods, viewpoints and monuments to tell the stories of Porto.
- Amazing moments, at a slow pace and loads of photos!
- End with the most beautiful view of Porto before João drops you off with tons of suggestions for your next days in Porto.
We‘ll start the tour by meeting you up at your hotel and explain the plan for our tour.
The rhythm will be slow-paced with lots of stops to soak in the views, take photos, learn about the history of Porto, and to answer all your questions.
From your hotel we’ll make our way to the Sé Cathedral and it´s neighborhood, one of the oldest in the city.
Afterwards we’ll make our way through the narrow streets to the river and follow the road as we make our way towards the beautiful views by the mouth of the river. Lets take a photo with Miragaia neighborhood.
Then we start to make our way back to the city’s old neighborhoods that we will use to learn how Porto grew along the centuries. From Virtudes and Vitória to Clérigos we visit and see some of the best viewpoints overlooking the city and some of its most famous monuments and landmarks.
We will go through places like Carmo Church, Clérigos tower, Lello bookstore and João will explain the history behind them.
As we make our way slowly to cross the river, we will cross St. Catherine’s tradicional commerce neighborhood.
Time to cross to Gaia, on the other side of the river Douro and make our way to the best views of Porto. Included more amazing photo opps 😉
João, your private guide, will explain all that we did and saw as the city and the tour come together as the best overview of Porto, while you take your time to enjoy the beautiful views.
Unfortunately we are coming to the end of our tour and we’ll start to make our way back to drop you off.
Disclaimer: High risk of falling… in love with Porto!
duration: 3h – starts at 10a.m
- Pick-up & Drop off inside Porto city
- Gorgeous sidecar motorcycle
- Passionate private guide & driver
- Custom made tour
- Lots of stops for photos
- Two available seats in addition to the driver
- Hair net
- Rain coat
- Water bottle
- Phone charging (bring your own USB cable)
- Carbon Neutral tour
Places to visit:
- Historical Centre
- D.Luis Bridge
- Cais de Gaia – Port Wine neighborhood
- Sé Cathedral
- Saint Catherine Street
- Bolhão Market
- Lello Bookstore
- Vitória neighborhood
- Mouth of Douro River
Price: 150€ (per tour – 1 or 2 pax)
Duration: 3h – starts at 10am
What to bring:
- Warm jacket
- Digital devices and charger cables (if you need to charge them)
- Sunscreen lotion
- Meals (unless pre-arranged as part of a Tailormade Experience)
- Gifts & Souvenirs
- Visits to paid museums, churches or any other attractions (unless pre-arranged as part of a Tailormade Experience)
- Pick-up & Drop off outside Porto city. Ask us for an extra fee.