A unique way of discovering Porto
Are you coming for a few hours to Porto and want to discover the city in a private shore excursion?
Firstly, we pick you up at the cruise ship terminal and explore the oceanfront on our way to the city.
The rhythm is slow-paced with a lot of conversation, historical facts, and curiosities, lots of stops for photos and to enjoy the views while visiting places where the bus and the big groups don’t go. All of this in a beautiful motorcycle, with a knowledgeable guide.
Next, along the ocean and riverfront, we’ll understand the important connection of the ocean and river Douro to the city’s history. Through the Historical Center, we’ll see places like S.Bento train station, Miragaia, Ribeira and the Stock Exchange Palace.
Then up to the city center, we’ll explore the old neighborhoods like Clérigos and Vitória, learn all the history being them and the great views that Porto has to offer.
After, we´ll cross to Gaia, on the other side of the river, see the D. Luis bridge and the Port wine neighborhood before returning to Porto.
Time to explore:
At the end, you’ll have a 1 hour stop in the city center and you can choose between:
– Some personal time to explore and do some shopping;
– A private visit to the Oldest Port Wine company for a bespoke tour & tasting created for our guests. Here you’ll learn the history of Port Wine and the Cellars, learn about the Douro Valley where Port Wine is grown. Afterwards you’ll tour the old cellars and see some of the oldest Ports in the world, have access to parts of the cellars closed to the general public and taste 4 Ports to learn their differences. Always with the explanations of an expert guide.
Finally, we take you back to the ship to arrive at 3 p.m as most cruise ships start to depart at 4 p.m.
IMPORTANT: The duration of the stop for personal time must be respected in order to guarantee the timely arrival back at the ship.
Want to add something to this experience or customize it further? Contact us
duration: 5h (3h tour + 1h stop + drop-off. starts at 10 a.m)
- Pick-up & Drop off to the cruise ship
- Gorgeous sidecar motorcycle
- Passionate private guide & driver
- Custom made tour
- Lots of stops for photos
- Two available seats in addition to the driver
- Water bottle (wild guide. please don´t feed!)
- Phone charging (bring your own USB cable)
- Carbon Neutral Tour
Places to visit:
- Historical Centre
- D.Luis Bridge
- Cais de Gaia – Port Wine neighborhood
- Sé Cathedral
- Saint Catherine Street
- Bolhão Market
- Lello Bookstore
- Cristal Palace
- Foz neighborhood
- Mouth of Douro River
price: 180€ (per tour – 1 or 2 pax)
duration: 5h – starts at 10 a.m
What to bring:
- Warm jacket
- Digital devices and charger cables (if you need to charge them)
- Sunscreen lotion
- Meals (unless pre-arranged as part of a Tailormade Experience)
- Gifts & Souvenirs
- Visits to paid museums, churches or any other attractions (unless pre-arranged as part of a Tailormade Experience)